Sunday, September 2, 2012

And a little something else....

About 13 years ago I had this print put onto fabric because I wanted to embroider onto it.
Well like one does it got put into a box where it sometimes saw the light of day for about 10 minutes and then went back into the box again.
Recently I found it again and decided that this was something that I could pick up now and then to get me back into stitching.
I have started to do the mauve flowers on the bushes in French Knots (what else?) and I will just continue stitching until I think it looks done.




I will do some stitching on the ladies dress as well-to add some interest.
I am in no hurry to finish this but if it keeps me stitching then I will be happy.

7 comments:

Heather said...

What a lovely 'sometimes' project to have Doreen. I'm sure you will finish it and be pleased with the result.

Shane Pollard said...

A gorgeous image Doreen!
she must be a joy to stitch! Perfect flowers for your little french knots.
Will you frame it or make a bag or something? It would make a sweet cushion too, though I don't know the size.
E
Have a good week
Shane x

Janet said...

I think it's great that you're working on an "old" project. I can't begin to tell you how many unfinished things I've found since I've been clearing stuff from the studio. Mine will probably remain that way but you're working on yours. It's beautiful!

Jen xo said...

nice to have a little project you can pick up when the fancy takes you.its s pretty image too..

Linda said...

Lovely print Doreen. I have a Rajmahal one that keeps trying to tell me it needs some stitches!! I am sure your stitching will enhance this lovely portrait. Cheers.

Maggi said...

I like this technique an it's good to have something to be able to pick up for pure enjoyment when you feel like it.

carole brungar said...

You made me smile, I think everyone has one of these projects that see the light very briefly from time to time.
This will look lovely when it's finished. xx