Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Tags

Today is Paper Arts day at the Guild and since our last meeting four weeks ago I have been making tags that I have covered with paper serviettes.
The idea behind this is that we each were to cover some tags using a technique that we had learned during this years meetings.
Even though I had done this technique a long time ago I still decided to do it on my tags because I love the look that can be created by using paper serviettes.
The reason we are making these tags is that we want to give one to each of the Guild members who attend this years Christmas party to show them what can be achieved in our group--hoping that some of them may take the plunge and come and join us.
This is just a few of the twenty five that I made --but you can get the idea of how effective this technique is.



Now I am off to see Ebony perform in her end of the year concert then I will drop into Paper Arts after that.

12 comments:

Janet said...

Beautiful tags! I used some paper napkins today, too.

Enjoy Ebony's concert.

Suztats said...

Nice tags, Doreen.

Dorothy said...

The tags are a great idea, Doreen,they look nice. Hope you rnjoy the concert.

Sandy said...

They are wonderful. Napkins have such great patterns.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Great idea for using paper napkins - some of them are so beautiful and it's a shame not to use them in art. It's funny how often I snag a pretty napkin to bring home for another use and end up using a plain ol' paper towel for the actual wiping of the jib!

Nancy said...

These turned out beautifully! Clever you... the paper designs work so well in these.

Heather said...

I love your tags Doreen - what a great way of using serviettes. Hope Ebony's concert went well.

Maggi said...

Lovely tags Doreen and what a good way to encourage new members. Hope the concert went well.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Linda said...

Just beautiful Doreen, as is all your work. It's lovely to come here and see the quality things you make. I trust you will enjoy the concert tonight. We have the little girl's dancing concert early December.

Aussie Jo said...

Gorgeous tags Doreen, what do you seal them with??

Jen xo said...

lovely doreen....