Saturday, June 11, 2011

Foiled Again

A few more pieces of hand dyed laces that I have foiled as part of the Gilding the Lily workshop run by the Thread Studio.
The first one is a bridal fabric (Guipure lace flowers) --it is hard to see exactly how wonderful they look because foiling doesn't scan or photograph very well.Add Image






Again another piece of bridal lace that was hand dyed and it is foiled with the pewter coloured foil.







Lastly this is part of an old collar that was hand dyed and foiled with the same pewter colour.







I won't be posting for a week as we are off to Melbourne for a small holiday and taking Ebony with us.

The weather has been cold here lately and it is nearly as bad in Melbourne.

I noticed that their minimum overnight temperature one night this week was 8 degrees Celsius ---lucky them --our highest temperature one day this week was 8 degrees Celcius.

Oh well I'll just chuck another jumper in the suitcase.

See you when I get back.


12 comments:

Jenny said...

Love your lace pieces Doreen... and the gorgeous effect of the foiling...

Hope you have a wonderful holiday...

Jenny x

Gina E. said...

Yes, you might need that jumper! Whenever I watch the national weather forecasts on the ABC, I think of you in Canberra. It gets pretty cold in that neck of the woods, doesn't it!
I told Ken about you coming down here. I've just checked my diary, and the only free day I have is Thursday...will that be okay? I'll talk to you on Monday anyway.
XXXX

Janet said...

These are all beautiful. I can just imagine how they must look in person with all that glittery goodness.

Have a fun trip and stay warm!

Lululiz said...

That looks like a really interesting technique. The lace flowers looks so lovely.

Nancy said...

These turn out beautifully!

shirley said...

this looks really interesting and the results must look great in real life Doreen.

Suztats said...

Have a wonderful little holiday! Hope the weather cooperates. Your lace pieces look wonderful. What are your plans for using them?

Maggi said...

More gorgeous pieces. Have a great trip.

Val said...

Your laces look absolutely gorgeous Doreen - hope you all have a wonderful trip.

Linda’s Textiles said...

Luscious laces Doreen! hope you have a good trip.

Heather said...

Love those lace pieces Doreen. Our weather is being strange too right now. Having had June temperatures back in April, we are now waiting for summer to arrive! We are getting rain now but whether it is enough to satify farmers I couldn't say. Enjoy your trip with Ebony.

Angela said...

Looks like a fun technique, your lace looks beautiful. Hope you have a lovely trip