Saturday, January 15, 2011

Blocks for Qld Flood appeal

A couple of posts ago I mentioned how people were asked to make Quilt as you go blocks that would be made into quilts for the flood victims in Queensland.
Today I thought that I would start to make some and then I remembered that I had made some about 8 years ago that I was going to make into a quilt for Ebony but they never did get made into a quilt.
So I hunted them down and now I am going to send them off to Jan the lady in Victoria who will be responsible for finishing putting them together.
There are 12 blocks in total and each block is 15 inches square so there is enough for a large quilt.
This is one of the blocks-very purple which when I made them was one of Ebonys favourite colours-but not anymore.





If you want to learn more about this project just click on the badge on the right side of this post and it will take you to Jans blog which she has created for this appeal.

5 comments:

Heather said...

That's a beautiful block Doreen, and a super idea. Someone will get great comfort from such a lovely quilt.

Suztats said...

That's wonderful, Doreen! Such a lovely quilt will be much appreciated.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

This is the best Doreen! How nice to be able to turn already-made blocks into something beautiful for someone in need of some cheer.

Linda’s Textiles said...

Nice blocks Doreen - lucky you remembered you had them! I've been doing a few too.

Shane Pollard said...

Dear Doreen
You're a treasure & such a lovely block with the moon and stars - I can picture it on some lucky little girls bed!!!
Yes you're right I took that photo the day you were here!!!
I'll be in touch when we get back.
hugs
Shane