Thursday, September 9, 2010

Pressies


Firstly let me say a big thank you to everyone for the birthday wishes that you sent to me I am truly blessed to have such wonderful blog friends.
I received some wonderful presents for my birthday and over the next few days I will show you some of them.
The ones here are from my daughter Susan who like me loves anything vintage.
The first photo is of two Fashion plates that she purchased from an Antique Needlework shop in Canberra.
Well to be truthful she purchased one of them for me and when she went to pick it up the the lady who owns the store who just happens to be a friend of ours gave me the second one for my birthday as well.
To say I was over joyed would be an understatement.
I have admired these plates for ages but I just couldn't afford to buy one -and now I own two of them.
I will take them and have them framed after the exhibition.
If you are unsure as to what a fashion plate is I googled it and there is a a bit of blurb about it here.

The next gift which was also purchased at the same place is a Vintage Buckle.
If you click on the link below it will take you to the web page and you can read a description about it.
It is truly a beautiful buckle and I am not sure what I will do with it yet but it definitely won't be put in a box never to be seen again.
Oh and I have to tell you that this gift was from my grand-dog yes that is correct-my Grand-dog.
Now isn't he one smart dog.



8 comments:

Jen xo said...

oooh nice pressies Dooreen, hope you had a wonderful day !!

Robin Mac said...

I wish I had a grand dog to give me a present like that, it is a beautiful buckle, I love the plates as well. Glad you had such a lovely day. Now you need to do what i did and keep celebrating it for the rest of the year! Cheers, Robin

Mac n' Janet said...

Loved your presents. We don't have a granddog, but we do have grandcats. LOL

Heather said...

What wonderful presents you had Doreen. I thought I was the only person to have a grand-dog - I always call our daughter's dog my four-legged grand-daughter.

Maggi said...

What gorgeous presents. You are very lucky.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Lucky you! Obviously your daughter knows you quite well (so does your granddog!). Nice gifties.
ps - nice new picture of you, btw.

Business Coach Canberra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
opalalterations said...

Wonderful presents Doreen...!!!

Gift your loved ones with gorgeous dresses from: https://www.opalalterations.com.au/services/tailoring/dress-making-tailoring/