Saturday, January 23, 2010

More Holey Moley

Here are a couple more samples from the Holey Moley "Layers" workshop.
As I have said previously even though I knew how to do these techniques before it was great to refresh them in my brain.
The first one is chopped up fibres on felt covered with a sheer fabric and stitched in metallic thread.



This one is sheer fabric-vliesofix and foil ironed together and then attacked with the heat gun.
here is a detail after I had added Goldfinger metallic rub.



I will use these small pieces on cards.

9 comments:

Maggi said...

Gorgeous colours. I really like these techniques.

Dot said...

I love these! Looks like a fun process too.
Dot xx
P.S As always your color choices are gorgeous!

Aussie Jo said...

Love those fragments Doreen.
16.066 words of thesis down, only about 4,000 to go.
Should be finished by the end of the weekend and then I can have some textile fun like you.

Heather said...

These are lovely Doreen - I specially like the heat-gunned pieces.

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Hello Doreen

I love these techniques too! They are so fun and very effective. Your cards will look brilliant

Happy weekend
Carolyn ♥

Micki said...

Looking good. And like lots of fun, too.

Jen xo said...

HI Doreen, i wil have to give that foil one a go, it looks wonderful.

li love doing felt and tulle tech, it always turns so interesting, great samples...jenxo

Ro Bruhn said...

This looks wonderful Doreen, I love the blue,just gives it a zing.

Val said...

Me too - I especially love the lacey ones Doreen. They will look gorgeous on ATCs.