Thursday, December 31, 2009

Another Year Older----


Well here in OZ it's New Years Eve and I was pondering on where the last 12 months went to.
I have achieved a lot creatively this year and made lots of amazing new friends in Blogland.
Can 2010 top this?----I doubt it --but I will wait and see.
I would like to wish everyone who drops by and reads my blog a "Happy New Year" and I hope everything that you are dreaming of comes to fruition in 2010.
Now I am off to finish the ironing and then I have to give the place a good cleaning ready for the new year.
Like my Mum told me--"A dirty house on New Years day is a dirty house for the rest of the year".
Gee I wish I could forget that saying.
UPDATE********
It's 5.30pm and I have finished the cleanup--all is done--spick and span--now to enjoy the fireworks at midnight.

11 comments:

Downunderdale said...

now you really are making me feel guilty - we are only working through the rooms slowly. Have a wonderful 2010 Doreen - you are such a great gal!!! All the best of good health, happiness and many more loads of ceativity

cheers
Dale

Janet said...

Happy New Year to you!!! I'm ready for 2010. This past year was pretty good for me too, creatively so I'm hoping next year will be even better!

Darn....now I have to go clean my house!!

Unknown said...

I wish you and yours a very prosperous, healthy, and happy New Year, and I think that your Mum had a good idea, but I am a bit worn out from the holidays so it may be a day or two before it shines like a new penny again..
Bless you and your family
Jan

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Happy New Year Doreen! I'm looking forward to seeing what fun you get up to in 2010.

Christine said...

Now I feel really guilty too Doreen, I'm popping down your way next week and I haven't time to clean before I go!! Wonder if I can con.. I mean "convince" my DD#2 that she should clean while I'm away in exchange for their board??
Anyway, if I don't catch up with you have a great New Year and keep healthy.
Hooroo,
Christine

Monica said...

Happy New Year, Doreen. Best wishes for a very creative 2010.

Joei Rhode Island said...

Happy New Year to you too Lovely Doreen. I've enjoyed your posts and comments so much and look forward to seeing what you do this year.
Give Ebony a hug for New Year's too.

Maggi said...

Hope you have a wonderful 2010 Doreen. I wish you hadn't mentioned that saying though!

Heather said...

Happy New Year to you and yours Doreen. I shall be an old misery and take my germs to bed early - I've caught a humdinger of a cold and nobody will want to see the New Year in near me! Have a great time.

Linda’s Textiles said...

Hope you have another great year Doreen!
Is being away from home on New Years Eve an excuse?
Love your hippy shoes too.

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Happy new year Doreen
Love, Carolyn x