Friday, July 24, 2009

My Country Postcards

This month on the Fabric Postcards for Stitchers Group our theme was My Country.
My swap partner was Rosemarie who lives in the UK and is a new member in our group.
I love her card and I think it is truly British with the double decker bus and a Londan cab.
You can't see it in the photo but she has sequins on the headlights and they really shine.
I am not sure if Rosemarie has a blog or not.


My postcard to her is made in a similar fashion.
I had a piece of fabric that had all these different Aussie icons on it so I cut some of them out-- mainly the ones that most people would recognise anyway and then ironed them onto vliesofix and then onto some calico.
I zig-zag stitched around each section in black thread and then machine stitched around the outline icon on each one.
I found the word Australia on another piece of fabric and added that to it as well.
The postcard reminds me of the tourist postcards that are in all the popular tourist places around Oz -which to my horror are usually made in Asia somewhere.



Can't wait for next month to see what eventuates.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Great postcards Doreen. I'm reading Bill Bryson's 'Down Under' and finding it very interesting and hilarious. He writes so well - you are almost there with him.

Val said...

Brilliant postcards Doreen - both very 'commercial' looking - fabulous they are both fabric!
Love the backgrounds in your Visual Diary too - must get some spritz!