Monday, July 27, 2009

Crazy Quilt block swap

Recently Maureen and I had a swap with our Crazy Quilt blocks.
We eached pieced a block and then sent it to the other person who the did the embroidery and embellishing.
This is the block that Maureen pieced and I stitched on.




This is the block that I pieced and Maureen finished --the real colours are a wee bit darker than this photo shows.





Maureen also included for me a postcard that she had made as a memento of her trip to Japan.


Thank you Maureen for the swap I really like what you have done for me.

6 comments:

Lalhezar said...

Great swap Doreen and I love the ATC. Suzanne

Heather said...

Both those blocks are so pretty Doreen and Maureen's Japanese postcard is lovely.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Another nice swap Doreen. It's a great way to learn new techniques, isn't it.

Paula Hewitt said...

lovely - great swap.

Margaret Hall said...

They both are simply lovely!! Now I am jealous and wish that I had been part of the swap! So whistle at me if you do this again, I love the CQ and the embellishing part is fun! Haven't done one to swap, and what did you ladies do with the finished product??
(http://margarethall.wordpress.com/

Maureen said...

Thanks for being such a good sport over my delay in finishing your block Doreen.

I'm glad you had great weather in Perth.....my old home town.