Monday, June 8, 2009

ATC's for June swap

This is how I finished off my ATC's for our small group swap.
I have shown you the ribbons previously that I had received and how I have made them into a background fabric.
I felt that the only way to embellish them was with a flower which looks white in the photo but it is in reality a very pale mauve.
I added a pale mauve flower in the centre and held them all together with a brad.
I mailed them out last week and Debbi let me know that she had received hers today and was quite amused because she had a similar idea as to how to do hers.
If you go to her blog here you can see how she made hers.
Wouldn't it be funny if we all did the same?


4 comments:

Janet said...

Great minds think alike! I love your finished ATCs. The mauve flowers are the perfect addition to all that ribbon.

Heather said...

These are lovely Doreen - the background looks like the tracery of leaves and stems. A clever idea.

Debbi Baker said...

These are gorgeous Doreen and I am still chuckling over the similarities we managed to achieve!

Unknown said...

I saw the close up of your piece on Carole's blog. LOVE it! It must have been a challenge to sew down all of that ribbon confetti, or did you tack it down first? I imagine the pieces wanting to slip about under your sewing machine's foot. Very well done. Beautiful!