Saturday, May 9, 2009

May Calendar Girls Postcard

The calendar page for May was my choice and it is from a Monet Calendar.
I don't remember ever seeing this Monet picture before mainly because we usually mainly see the famous bridge scene on everything.
I chose this one because I thought it lent itself to being worked on the embellisher-which is what I used.
I had a prefelted piece of gold felt and used the different slips of the wool colours that I could see in the picture to work the background.
Then I proceeded to work the rest of the scene onto it.
This is my interpretation.





This is the calendar page that I used for the inspiration.






This postcard is for Lynda--I do hope she likes it.

12 comments:

verobirdie said...

Lovely interpretation of Monet and lovely postcard!

Heather said...

Your interpretation of the Monet picture is beautiful Doreen. I think it is one of the waterlily series - I love them and you have done him proud.

Unknown said...

It is gorgeous Doreen!

Maggi said...

A lovely Monet scene and great interpretation.

Ati said...

Doreen, I like your Monet a lot :)

Jacky said...

Your embroideries are beautiful Doreen.
This Monet scene is amazing...truly beautiful (I dont think I could bear to part with it...lucky Lynda!).

Janet said...

Your interpretation is right on! Lovely!

Debbi Baker said...

Beautiful Doreen. I started making mine last night and it is felted too! I am not finding this one as easy as I thought I would though...

Maureen said...

That's a great interpretation Doreen, also what beautiful embroidered flowers your guild friends have done.

Dot said...

Oh Doreen - this is gorgeous! A lovely interpretation of the monet painting.

Anneke said...

what a lovely calender page doreen.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Really nice, Doreen! It looks like sunshine and happiness, which is the way I think of you.