Sunday, January 4, 2009

My Tower Book

Back in October Lynda of Purple Missus fame bought me for my birthday a copy of Maggie Grey's new book Textile Translations.
Part of owning this wonderful book is that there are free classes to go with it.
I haven't been able to start on the lessons until this week because of prior committments but now that they are all done I can get on with them.
The first lessons were to make a tower book and this is now finished.
The tower is a triangle and this is the side view with the front opening showing the pages.





Next is how it looks front on with the ties undone.





The back view-------------





And how it looks all tied up.



Now I have to catch up some more.

10 comments:

Robin Mac said...

Love your tower Doreen, it obviously isn't going to take you long to catch up. Cheers, Robin

Robin Mac said...

Love your tower Doreen, it obviously isn't going to take you long to catch up. Cheers, Robin

Shirley Anne Sherris said...

Well done. It is lovely. The pages look so effective - must take a note of that!!
We are all off to a good start for the new year.
Thanks for the comment on my blog. I'm off to do more now.
Cheers
Shirley

Aussie Jo said...

Great work Doreen, I'm hoping to catch up this week too (husband goes back to work!) I have to keep remembering to water the catalogue as we haven't had a great deal of rain recently.

Janet said...

Wow! That's beautiful! I love the shape of it, and the colors are so soft and muted.

Veleta (Sammy) said...

oh this is so awesome!

Paula Hewitt said...

very nice - this book and online course sound interesting - everyone who is anyone seems to be leaving catalogues out in the rain these day.
im looking forward to following along with you.

sharon young said...

What a lovely idea, it's very different, and the colous and textures are great.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous Doreen!

Lalhezar said...

Doreen I really like the texture in this piece. Well done.