Saturday, August 9, 2008

TIF August-- stitching added

While I have been sitting at the Embroiderers Guild table at the Craft show I have been stitching on my August TIF Crazy Quilt square.
It's amazing how much interest it created and I also had taken the other 6 blocks that I have finished for people to see.
One of our other Guild members is running a class at the Guild soon on Crazy Quilting and it was an opportunity to encourage people to try it.
I have all the seams stitched and now I have to add the extras--buttons-beads-sequins-silk ribbon and anything else that I can find.




Oh and you will all be pleased to hear that I did NOT come home with heaps of stuff that I didn't need-in fact I'm not even going to show you what I got because it is so boring.

6 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

awww....I want to see what you got! Your block is progressing nicely.

Susan said...

Great block. I love the stitching on the blue thread off to the right, with the red knots. Is that a Kreinick braid? I look forward to seeing the rest of the additions.

Sounds like you and the other lady are doing everything you can to get people interested in CQ!

Jan said...

Ha ha!! Well done!!! I too have loads more stuff than I need but I still have to go to the Stamp Exhibition tomorrow, just to see what's there!!! Can't promise I'll be as controlled as you were.
Love the combination of colours that you're working on.

sharon young said...

Hi Doreen
I'm not surprised you attracted a lot of attention, your block is beautiful, I do so admire your wonderful mastery of hand stitching, looking forward to the embellishments.
Well done for resisting temptation , I hope I do as well at the FOQ next week.

Val said...

Your block is looking great Doreen - but I would also like to see the couple of bits of lace you bought - come on, be a sport, show us! Val

Jane said...

Your off to a great start... very nice!