Tuesday, July 15, 2008

July TIF Crazy Quilt block

It has taken me 2 weeks to try to get the colours right for this months challenge and I'm still not sure --but if the TIF police come a calling to get me I'll pretend that I'm not home.
The colours that my computer read were ghastly and I checked some of the other TIF members blogs and they have each seen so many different colours to what I am getting--I know the colours are only a guideline for us but I do want to try and get it right.
Mary Ann tried to help with a scan of what she saw but that only made it worse (thanks MA for trying to help)--so anyway here is what I have come up with.
I saw a yellow gold-an yellow green--a taupe--pale blue and a slate grey/green colour and after all the bother I can honestly say I am happy with it.




Now I will have to rush in and embellish it before the next one is ready.
Rush--rush--rush.

7 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Looks good Doreen...especially after all that angst you went through with the colours. I think this will be beautiful!

Jane said...

Hi Doreen, Love your block! I know what you mean about the colors, it was a tough palette this time. Will be interesting to see how others interpret it. Enjoy your week!

Paula Hewitt said...

the colours look pretty close the the orginals from here! looking forward to seeing how you will embellish this

Val said...

The colours looks beautifully harmonious Doreen - really looking forward to seeing it embellished. Val

sharon young said...

Hi Doreen
I've just checked your colours on my computer and they look pretty close to the colour pallet to me.
I think you've done a splendid job with a very challenging pallet. Can't wait to see how you embellish it.

Penny said...

I am having awful trouble getting together something that I think either suits the palette or the theme, I think I will be late this time but at least I have started looking at colors. too many things I am trying to do as usual and visits to the physio are not helping. .Freezing cold here I guess you are even colder.

Debbi Baker said...

Looking good Doreen! I had to admit failure and drop out.