Thursday, May 15, 2008

May TIF

Finally I have pieced my block for the May TIF challenge.
I struggled a bit with the piecing of this one because there were 2 pinks and 2 blues in the colour scheme and no matter what I did there always seemed to be a blue next to a blue or a pink next to a pink.
Anyway I got it finished in the end and I am quite pleased with the result even though there are pinks side by side.
Also the lighter pink one on the right hand side is really paler that it appears here.
Now on with the embellishing and using some of the treasures that I got in Melbourne last week--I just have to pretend that I have had them for ages--I won't tell if you don't.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Its a lovely mix of fabrics Doreen, look forward to seeing the embellishments you add

sharon young said...

Lovely block, Doreen, I love this colour combo looking forward to seeing it embellished as I always think you do such beautiful pieces.

Dot said...

I think you have done a wonderful job with the colors Doreen. And I know it will be beautiful when it is finished. I know first hand how gorgeous your other TIF blocks have been!