Friday, February 15, 2008

Calendar Girls February Postcard for Debbi

This is my February Postcard for Debbi-----------------
The base fabric is a piece of royal blue felt on which I ironed some Gossamer Fuse and then added the heart shaped vase which is a cerise colour.
Over this I placed a piece of an old navy sheer scarfe with tiny white flowers and then ironed it all together.
I worked 2 rows of navy and 1 row of aqua cotton thread in running stitch to outline the vase and then I stitched by machine the pattern that is on the pink vase in the calendar picture.
Next I embroidered the flower using Lazy Daisy stitch in 2 different shades of aqua added a French Knot in yellow for the centre of the flower and in green I worked the stem using Stem stitch and Lazy Daisy leaves.
I then echo quilted around the vase and flower on the machine.
I wrote the word "Friends" with a Fabrico fabric marker pen and hand stitched it onto the vase.

To see the other Postcards that have been made for February click on the Calendar Girls badge in the side bar and it will take you there.

I hope you like it Debbi

5 comments:

Joanna said...

Just lovely Doreen. I like the heart vase.

Françoise said...

I like it very much Doreen.

Jan said...

Lovely idea Doreen. Very different from the work that I do but I can appreciate your talent and wish I could match it!
Jan x

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Very pretty Doreen! I'm now going to check out the others....

Debbi Baker said...

Lucky lucky me!! And it is even better in the flesh. Just gorgeous thanks Doreen!