Friday, February 8, 2008

ATC's a Crazy Square and a New Blog

I received these 2 ATC's yesterday from Anne L who lives in France but she doesn't have a blog which is a pity because she does the most beautiful Cross Stitch ATC's'.
I have traded with Anne before and I really enjoy opening my mail from her just to see what she has stitched this time.
I was surprised to find 2 ATC's in the envelope as we had only arranged to swap one but to my surprise one of them was for Ebony.
Ann had heard that Ebony has been making and swapping ATC's and had sent one for Ebony and asked if Ebony's would swap with her in return-Ebony is very happy to oblige.
Being the good(huhum) grandma that I am I let Ebony choose which one she wanted and she chose the pink one and I am happy with that deal.



And here is the Crazy Patchwork block that I have made for my swap with Mary Ann of Magpies Mumbling fame.We are both making a block and swapping them for the other person to embellish--I think this will be a challenge for her -but knowing MA she will not be phased one little bit.If you want to see the block that she is sending me just click on the link



And now to a new blog--my friend Suzanne has started a blog--well to be honest she started it last year but got sidetracked along the way-but I am glad to say she has begun to blog again.
Drop by and see what she has been doing with background ideas for her mixed media work.


5 comments:

Barbara said...

I made a swap with Anne too...she's a wonderful sticher..love her artwork...Regards Barbara

Janet said...

Wow! I never thought about cross stitch for ATCs! Those are so cute.

And thanks for the link to your friend's blog....very interesting techniques.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

oooohhh...I'm liking the colours on 'my' block! I already know one thing thats going on there & I'm sure my fertile little mind will come up with more before it gets here.
Very pretty atc's too! You always get such fun mail.

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

I had to smile when I read your about me. Can that really happen to an artist? Live long enough to use my stash. My grandmother lived to 94 and I inherited 3 suitcases full of goodies! At this point, my children will inherit more then 3 suitcases from me. I better get to work! Thanks for stopping by and entering my giveaway! Good luck to you.

Dot said...

Love the ATC's Anne has sent you (and how sweet that she sent one for Ebony too).

I am doing a trade with her too and look forward to seeing the ones she is sending me.

What a great idea for a swap with your friend Mary Ann!Look forward to seeing what you do with her patchwork block and vice versa.

Will be sure to pop over and visit your friend Suzanne's blog!