Thursday, November 22, 2007

TAST Week 47 Thorn Stitch

This weeks stitch is Thorn stitch and oh thank goodness it was an easy one(thanks Sharon)Today was our Workshop on the Web groups day at the Embroiderers Guild and I thought I would take my TAST sample piece along to finish instead of my sewing machine --I really wasn't in the mood for the machine today.
Well I stitched away merrily creating my version of Corin Forest in Canberra (before the bushfires in 2003 that is) and this stitch says trees-trees and more trees.
I had a great piece of hand felted fabric that made a fabulous background for it. Well we only have 5 more weeks left and if you want to know what Sharon is planning for next year just read my previous message.

5 comments:

Françoise said...

Lovely little trees!
What's the size of this piece?

Kate said...

I love the background fabric. All the texture makes it perfect for your forest. Did you felt it yourself?

Unknown said...

It looks like a forrest, nice these different colours of green and a bit red between it.

Angela said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Doreen!

Ati said...

Hi Doreen, I do like your trees!!