Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Great Reading

I picked up these two magazines today from my local Needlework store and wow they are fantastic.
The Quilting Arts Gifts magazine is loaded with wonderful ideas on making fabulous gifts by some of the most talented artists around.
Then there is the latest Cloth Paper Scissors but I must admit that I haven't looked at it yet because I can't put the other one down.
Oh well there goes my creating for a couple of days.



Sorry about the poor photo but you get the idea as to what I am talking about.

5 comments:

Purple Missus said...

You've tempted me with the QA Gifts one. I like the Beryl Taylor stocking on the front.

Susan Lenz said...

Hi!
Your dedication to the TAST weekly objective is amazing. Often, I lament the fact that I don't know very many stitches....but not enough to participate in such a program! You, on the other hand, are doing a great job and teaching me a bit along the way. Thank you!

I really enjoyed your pictures from Floriade 2007. Here in the southern part of the United States, we finally got a splash of rain last Friday and the temperatures dropped. It feels like autumn, which I love. I also love spring and all those flowers like those blossoming in your neck of the world. Thanks for sharing them.

Also, the formerly "lost" piece is great. It does look like a landscape and has given me an idea for other types of scraps I've found in my studio. If I act upon this one, I'll be sure to post the results...if they work out!

Thanks!
Susan
PS Thank you for all the very nice comments on my blog. It is just astounding that we can all share, comment, and exchange ideas in cyberland.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Glad to see you did a review for the gifts magazine, because I've been toying with the idea of buying it.

Dot said...

oOOH....You have just reminded me that I need to order the latest CPS! The Quilting Arts gift magazine looks great too!!

Like you once I start reading CPS I cannot put it down.

Kate North said...

Hmm, I have subs to QA and CPS, but didn't order the gifts extra - I may have to reconsider that decision now!