Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Children's School Holiday Classes

Tomorrow (Thursday) is the last class this year for the children's school holiday classes at the Embroiderers Guild.
I am doing this little bag with them --it is made from Yellow Denim that some-one donated to the guild and so is the panel of critters in a jar.
I have 16 students ranging from 7 to 16 years old.I also have help from other guild members who supervise them.
We try to give the younger children a one on one helper and group the older girls into groups of 2 or 3.
I have cut all the pieces out and stitched the folded over hems as well as making the handles.
The panel is ironed onto a piece of fine iron on vilene so that there is a bit of support as they are stitching.
When the children have finished the stitching which is mainly running stitch they can embellish the panel if they wish.
I then have to finish sewing the bag together so that they can take it home with them.
Here is the finished bag sample which has a long strap that can't be seen here.



This is a close up of the panel and you can see the stitching,



After this is finished I will be able to get on with my TAST samples.



4 comments:

Joanna said...

Very cute Doreen. I'm sure they'll be a big hit.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

This is really cute and I bet the kids will love them! Have to admit tho, that I still like the Magpie one the best (wonder why).

Dianne said...

The kids will love these!!, and they'll love you too.

Dot said...

I agree with Dianne - the kids will love them and you too!
I am sure you are a wonderful teacher. Dot xx