Thursday, August 2, 2007

TAST Week 31 Cast on Stitch

Cast on Stitch is the stitch for this week.
I have done this stitch before- a long time ago- but I don't do it very often - the reason for this is even though I like it my hands don't or should I say my fingers don't.
It is great to use variegated thread for this stitch as it gives great colour variations to the "flower" or whatever it is that you are doing with it. The pink/mauve flower is a silk thread as is the pale green - the yellow flower and the one in the top right hand corner are cotton stitched on a Linen fabric.
I'm all up to date again thank goodness.

9 comments:

Dianne said...

Yes, the variegated thread does make wonderful flowers. Like the purple/mauve thread....

Susan D said...

Love your flowers. For a change I think I'll use some of my hand dyed thread with this stitch.

Micki said...

Lovely stitching and beautiful threads. Your buttonhole wheels do look like nasturtiums. I don't think I am ever going to get caught up with TAST.

Julie H said...

beautiful! I can see myself trying this one - and failing - but trying.

Val said...

I clicked on the pic to see an enlargement - amazing detail! Just lovely.

Ati said...

I love your little flowers from the cast on stitch, I shall try them next week :)

neki desu said...

this is so pretty and so well executed.wish i could work like that!

neki desu

Rosalind said...

Your little flowers remind me of the brooches made of little china flowers that aunts wore half a century ago! Very pretty :o)

Dot said...

This is a lovely stitch Doreen. And the variegated thread gives it a colorful touch.