Friday, July 13, 2007

Cards I made

I spent a day recently making cards and when I had finished there was not one of them that had a stamped image on it.
Can anyone tell me why I have hundreds of dollars worth of stamps in my collection of "stuff."
At our last Paper Arts group one of the ladies brought along her new toy I think it's called a Cuttlebug -it is a die cutter and an embossing machine.
Well was I impressed -in one word yes- and luckily for me I had some card stock that I could use to test it out.
The paper used for no's 2-4 and 6 was a parchment paper left over from my daughters' wedding invitations 20 years ago (now I ask you is that what is called being a hoarder).
In the first one I rubbed gently over the top of the embossing with chalks.



The flowers in the second one are punched out from the card stock I used to make the card.




I think someone gave me the paper in the 3rd card -it looks like twin needled fabric.



The printed piece of paper in this one was something that I downloaded from the internet and tea dyed.




The background paper on this card is made from used tea bags and the little buckles are made with a punch -how cute are they?



And this is my favourite it is so soft and old worldy(is that a word) looking






12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doreen these are all wonderful. I love that one with the tea dyed piece on it. Beautiful.

Susan D said...

You have been busy, they are gorgeous better than any bought card.

Joanna said...

Doreen. I love these. Well done! I'm thinking you should be teaching how to make cards at your local shop! Lovely. I love what you did with the tea bags.
I also know what you mean with stamps. I've got more than enough but when I see a good stamp. I can't help it! And, to tempt me more, tomorrow a stampin up demonstrator is selling some of her retired stamps!
Joanna

Unknown said...

The are great!I like the colour and the finish. The last one is also my favourite!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Very pretty Doreen! I like them all & really couldn't pick a favourite.
(I tried to post this comment once and I don't think it worked. Will try again...forgive me if you get it twice!)

Maureen said...

Doreen
The cards are gorgeous!
Somewhere this morning I was reading about "Cuttlebugs"(and wondering what it was)

Sorry to hear you've been unwell;hope you're on the mend NOW.

Julie H said...

These are all beautiful, yet again you have me looking at my teabags in a whole new light.

As to the stamps, like you I have drawers full, but they won't go off and this felt right for you now.

Val said...

Doreen, they are all so lovely. They remind me of Pride & Prejudice and secret drawers to keep pretty cards in!
I think I like the tea-bag one the best, but what did you do with the teabags to get such a lovely background. Sorry to be so ignorant....

Veleta (Sammy) said...

Doreen, Love your cards! Such demention to them! Thanks again for your help on the right spelling and word... :0)
hugs,

Mary lin Huskamp said...

VERY lovely!!!!

Allison Rankin said...

These are terrific...I don't pull out my folders near enough! Thanks for the invite to your blog...your cards are so inventive!

Dot said...

You have been busy Doreen! All of these cards are lovely. Think I like the top one the best. The cuttlebug machine sounds like it is a excellent creative tool.