Tuesday, June 26, 2007

TAST Week 25 Long and Short Stitch

Whew I have just made it!
Week 25 has seen us doing Long and Short stitch and I have come to the conclusion that I don't like doing any form of Satin stitch.
I don't know why but I just seem to do more reverse stitching when I do this type of stitch than with any other stitch that I have done in the previous weeks.
I don't like using a hoop and probably the only stitch that I have used a hoop with is the French Knots and that is one time when I find it is absolutely necessary-but in saying that Satin stitch is another that is also necessary to prevent puckering.
Well that is what I think anyway and I have always managed an even tension on all the other stitches so far.
Enough with the ramblings and onto Long and Short stitch.
I have used a piece of wool blanketing and DMC fine wool (I forget what it is called) and DMC floss to interpret my tiny freeform butterflies flitting around.

2 comments:

Penny said...

You might not like it but it looks good to me, at least you did something, I like the butterfly idea.

Micki said...

Your little butterflies are lovely, even if you thought they were troublesome.