Tuesday, June 5, 2007

TAST week 22 Satin Stitch (sort of)

Week 22 of TAST is Satin Stitch and I have spent 3 days trying to do a sample.
I stitched and then unpicked so many times that I have decided to post something that I started last year.
My problem was not that I couldn't do it because I can (and have done on many occasions) but that I didn't like what I was producing.
Now I know that this is Bargello officially but it is also Satin Stitch sort of. It is part of a small piece that is going to be a needle case and this section measures 4 inches x 4 inches.
The whole piece measures 8 inches x 4 inches.
I will do another sample for my folder later but I have to move on from this now.
Oh the frustration I am feeling at present Grrrr.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Doreen, thanks for posting this beautiful bargello work. I love this type of work and count it as a satin stitch, myself.

Janet said...

The first time I saw Bargello I fell in love with it. I guess it's because of the precision and the geometric shape of it - whatever, I love it and yours is beautiful.

Joanna said...

This looks lovely Doreen. I bet it will make a great needle case.

Micki said...

It looks wonderful to me. Love bargello. As you know I am so behind on TAST.