Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Another 4 cards

Here are another 4 cards that I made in a class last week at the shop.
The class was about making backgrounds for cards.
In the first one the section with the spots was the background that I made using a circle stamp and several different coloured inks I had to stamp on the card stock making the dots in different depths of colour intensity and the the flower was stamped on another piece of card.
There are 5 layers of card stock in this card.
The second one is a piece of black glossy card and coloured Marvy Marker pens were dotted over the card and then I spritzed it with water and placed another piece of glossy card onto it and removed it quickly and then I had the design on both pieces of card.
Next I stamped a word text stamp onto the black one using a Stazon ink pad.
The lady was stamped onto the white card and also onto a piece of the green card and I then had to cut out just the dress and stick it onto the white card over the ladies dress(how fiddly was this to do --damn fiddly)
On the background of the third one I used a flower stamp and a Versamark stamp pad which is a clear sticky stamp pad and when you use it on dark card it produces a darker image of the stamp you have used.
I used the same stamp on the white square using a pink stamp pad.

Lastly my favourite --There are 5 layers of card in the construction of this one.
The base is a tan colour with a chocolate piece next and then the cream background piece that I made.
I used Distress inks to age the edges and also to stamp the text onto it.
The piece on an angle was stamped with the Distress ink again and I filled in the dress using a cotton bud loaded with Distress ink.
Brown grosgrain ribbon and a small gold buckle was used to finish it off.
There was a 5th card but I forgot to make it smaller when downloading it from the camera and you would have to wait a week for the picture to download on your computer.
I made the 5 cards in 1 class of 3 hours and again the fee included all the stuff in the kits and the use of their stamps and inks etc.
Great value for a small class fee.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are all terrific but I especially love that lady with the dress one and that last one. I like the way you angled the dress in the last one. awesome!

Unknown said...

You really been busy Doreen, they sure look nice!

Peticelul Romanesc said...

I love your cards, they are all special! Corina

Dot said...

Thanks for sharing the techniques you learnt Doreen. I think the last card is my favorite. Love how you are using alcohol inks too (aren't they fabulous?)

Sounds like your class, was good fun, and good value.

Dianne said...

You are so versatile, and good at everything you try!! I LOVE that 2nd card.

SeamRippstress said...

Wonderful cards and what a great class! These make very personal, special cards. They're all so lovely but I agree with you on the 2nd card - it's extra great!

Janet said...

WOW! These are fantastic! I like the "fiddly" dress card and the brown dress card but they're all just great. Thanks for sharing all the techniques you used to make them.

Linda’s Textiles said...

Fabulous cards Doreen, you have been busy! sounds like a great workshop.
Post is on it's way.

Joanna said...

Looks like you are getting into the same problem as me...rubber stamps! I'm thinking we need to do a card trade! I've just recently bought some great rubber stams. Love your work! If you get a chance, you should check out "Take Ten" magazine lots of ideas there.