Thursday, January 18, 2007

Picnic and photo's

Yesterday I took my son and grandaughter on a picnic to Bungendore a small village not far from Canberra.
Great day- but in over 30 degrees celsius heat it was a bit
uncomfortable to say the least.
But I did manage to get some great photo's from an
old tree there -I don't know what it was but it was very old.
I have started taking photo's to build up a design folder to
use as inspiration for my textile arts -it is amazing what you
can see if you look past the overall picture and look at the
smaller things.
These photo's will add to my collection.
The cone was on the ground under the tree and obviously
the birds had been having a good feed .
The top photo shows how it was laying on the ground and
then I turned it over slightly to reveal the back half still intact.
I can see plenty to inspire me in these with great colour
and texture.

1 comment:

Dot said...

Sounds like you had a lovely day with your son and granddaughter on your picnic!

Your photo's are a great idea and am sure they will provide lots of inspiration for your wonderful art.

I like how you took 2 photo's of the cone. To show both sides.

Nature can provide so much inspiration can't it??