Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Paper Fabric 2




This is the second sample of the paper fabric
that I have made but this time I used Jo Sonja Poster paint.
These paints are quite thick and gave a firmer fee
l to the paper fabric
I used the same technique as before and then after
the last stage I applied some Goldfinger metallic
rub on paste which is made by Daley-Rowner in the U.K.
This can be purchased at Art supply stores.
After reading Sharon Boggan's blog yesterday I realized
that I should have mentioned where I found these
instructions.
They came from the Maggie Grey book
Raising the Surface published by Batsford.
Sorry about that.
I haven't tried to machine stitch into this fabric yet
but hopefully that will happen soon.


3 comments:

Dot said...

Doreen

I am drooling here! Another gorgeous piece of paper art. Look forward to seeing what you do with it.

Very nice use of colors too!

Sandy said...

You get a lot of experimenting done-inspires me. Sandy in La Center

Purple Missus said...

Hi Doreen. Thought I'd pop over and take a look. Do like your artwork, I think we are on the same wavelength. Look forward to seeing more.